About the organization
ReNew Power Limited is India’s largest renewable energy IPP (Independent Power Producer) with a capacity of over 8 GW of wind and solar power assets across the country. It develops, builds, owns and operates utility scale wind and solar energy projects as well as distributed solar energy projects that generate energy for commercial and industrial customers.
ReNew has a strong track record of organic and inorganic growth having nearly doubled its operational capacity in each of the last three Fiscal Years. ReNew’s broad base of equity investors include Goldman Sachs, JERA, ADIA, CPPIB, ADB (subsequently exited) and GEF SACEF India and have invested a total of over INR 66.9 billion in the company in various tranches over the years.
We are looking to add a Business Development Manager (BDM) to our growing B2B business. The BDM will report to the Sales Team Lead and will be responsible for driving the growth of the company in the C&I segment.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and lead all sales opportunities at assigned key accounts
- Organize regular account reviews with Sales Team Lead to review progress and identify opportunities for key accounts
- Develop and review sales pipeline for assigned sectors, update pipeline regularly based on targets and market developments
- Build relationships across client hierarchy to introduce new products, enhance wallet share, up-sell and drive customer agenda
- Support Suctioning team in development of bespoke solutions for proposals by providing customer feedback
- Develop comprehensive and high-quality proposals with details on solutions, corresponding tariff, business case for client and ReNew’s capability to execute
- Coordinate with other functions to facilitate smooth execution, ongoing maintenance, resolution of any non-typical billing and commercial issues etc. at assigned key accounts
Profile & Eligible Criteria
Education: B.E./B.Tech. in Engineering and MBA from top-tier institutes
- At least 6-8 years of experience in the energy sector; experience in facilitating power procurement for corporates is preferred
- Proven sales track record and experience as a business development manager
- Deep connects across industries and the ability to generate leads from potential consumers
- Extensive knowledge of Open Access, RPO, power exchange, ISTS, and other relevant regulations at Central and State level
- Strong communication, account management, and negotiation skills
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task
- Excellent organizational skills
Reporting Authority: Sales Team Lead